SEGX2 is a smooth dual band expander gate. SEGX2 operates always with soft knee which starts at the threshold point. Signal above the threshold passes thru unaltered.
- Independent release times for low and high frequency band.
- Adjustable ratio.
- Smooth, soft-knee operation.
- Uses 6dB/oct crossover filters, which are gentle for phase response. Keeps phase response fully unaltered when gate is open.
- The band link control glues the low and high band behavior together. At 100% the operation is similar to a regular wide band expander gate.
- The monitor slider allows monitoring of the detector side chain, which can be used for checking the gated out signal.
- The pre-gate option allows the gate open in advance. This control adds latency. When active, fast transients can pass thru unaltered, thus offering higher quality output.
The GUI was designed by Crimsonmerry.